First photos

09cobaltss

I know i was going to wait 2 weeks but I came into some extra money!! It has been up for 5 days just added the live rock today. The anemone was free with the rock, and he said if it dies from being a new tank he will give me another. +1 for the LFS!!

Also the amonia was 0 the nitrates and nitrites are 0 the Salinity is 1.022.

daftboy

I would raise sal. to 1.025... and also was wondering what type of lights are over the tank and how many gallons it was...
Daft

tampashane

Everyone talks about lighting with anemones which I think u will be fine. I have biocube stock lighting and my rose anemone is fine and has been for a long time. However all your params are at 0 so I'm pretty sure ur tank has not cycled yet. The chances of ur nem surviving this process is slim. I would try to return ur nem for store credit even if it was free. The anemone will adapt to lower lighting if everything else is perfect. Good luck.

09cobaltss

the numbers on the lights themselfs are
#2020 FT32W Dual Actinic 460nm 42nm thats the blue one
#2021 FT32 Dual Daylight
Is that enough....
the tank is 24gal and I put 20lb of rock...

daftboy

One of each ? two of each also how many gallons is this tank and how long have you started it? or do you have another tank that you uses water from ?

09cobaltss

water is 5 days old. first tank. I used instant ocean to mix and live sand.. the lights are a single tube but they are U shaped...so i guess it's like 2. they are separate the day and actinic....?

09cobaltss

yes as I posted that earlier,
I know it's not cycled.
I told the FLS owner it wasn't.
He GAVE me the anemone FREE! with the rocks....
If it dies the I get another FREE!!
I would have never paid for one or any other life form until the tank has cycled....

mxkris

Oohhh boy.
I'm going to assume it has not cycled yet being 5 days old, and LR went in today.. Hopefully that new will survive the cycle but I doubt it. Like tampashane said, I'd try to return him for credit or something so you can buy some cool stuff later once your cycle is done. Do a little research on cycling and what to look for.

09cobaltss

asking for credit for something you get for free is asking for Karma to kick your A**. I was just wanting to show off the rock and getting flamed for not waiting till the tank was cycled was not my intention. I do plan on more rock in a bit. we only have one FLS here. Nice guy...

turbo_teg98

I totally understand getting the free anemone. But keep an eye on it cuz if it does die get it out of the tank asap. I heard they can pretty much poison ur tank when they die. Oh and a U shaped bulb is a power compact. Good luck with the new setup.

tampashane

Nah, your not getting flamed really. You made it clear you knew the tank wasn't cycled and I don't blame you for accepting something free. I just dont like to see anything die if it can be helped and in my opinion this can be helped. Do you have a friend that has a tank that could hold onto your nem for a bit? I understand your stance on Karma and if thats the case maby you should just give it back without the credit. By the sound of it he will give it to you free again in the future. But the tank looks good and in my opinion the rock on the top right looks out of place. maby should be a base rock.

09cobaltss

Yea I wanted to build some height in the tank. I think I'm going to ask for a bit more rock and if i can break off the rock it Anemone is on them maybe I'll take it back. I do like the big rock he is attached to.

tampashane

Here's something you can try. When I needed to move my nem I turned off the water flow for about 20 min. That forced him to start moving looking for the flow. Maby he will loosen up enough so you can detach him from the rock.

small triggers

and i think there are atleast 2 LFS in Jax???? not to far of a drive if you have a car...if you could get down there, i know the one that used to be off of atlantic by the FCCJ South campus was really good (but that was 2 years ago) BIO sumthin...