First Pic of 10 Gallon

yellowtail

cool:happy: ......is it going to be a reef,fowlr,fo? also just a suggestion and not to be maen or anything but a nice solid blue or black background will bring out the beautiful colors in your fish:yes:

rossim

It will ultimately be a small reef tank. We'll be picking up the lighting and LR later this week. Thanks for the tip on the background paper. After we get something in it we'll probably change it.

rossim

Got a nice 6 lb LR for the center of the tank. Also got the PC lighting in and changed the background paper (thanks YellowTail).
Amonia levels have not risen yet though. Still right around .25. Should we through in a frozen shrimp to kick off the cycle?

rossim

Only 20 lbs of LS and about 16 lbs of LR.
Had a shrimp in it for a couple days and the cycle has kicked off. However, the PH levels went through the roof. Did a 10% water change last night and will retest the levels today. Any suggestions on how to bring it down?

saltym3

try not to do any water changes until your cycle is complete. doing that will only extend the cycle. everything will fall into balance when the cycle is complete.

djultra

I would keep an eye on it, if it looks like an anemone its probally a Aiptasia or Majano anemone and it will take over your tank.

rossim

Just wanted to post an updated picture. This was taken the other day. We have the clean-up crew and a perc in it so far. All are doing well. We also have a frag in there that was given to us by a LFS.
The one thing in there that looks like it may be Aiptasia hasn't moved or reproduced. Its actually been in hiding most of the time. Maybe since we have a perpermint shrimp in there.

robchuck

The difference between the first pic and the most recent update is night and day! That tank will look great with some corals in it.

rossim

Thanks Rob. I like the way its coming along. Two of the rocks we had to the left of the tank were completely white when we got them. They're quickly turning red now :)
Here is my favorite pic so far that I've taken. It looks alot better full sized.