First public performance tonight

jennythebugg

I am so nervous,we are performing a semi acoustic set. we've only been doing one of the songs for 4 days( its i'm yours by jason mraz) and joey by concrete blonde or wicked game by chris isaac ( still up in the air about which one of those we will do). my stomach is turning blech. it will probably suck cause i'm all nerves, but i will see who i can get to record it and post it up so you guys can get a good laugh
cross yur fingers for me guys...luv ya

flower

Congratulations on your first gig...Once you start playing the nerves will settle...break a leg... means good luck in show biz talk.

When I used to play all the time, I imagined everyone

[hr]
. Trouble is, that was in Ohio where there is more fluff than fab. But I hear you guys are all hot in Texas!

jennythebugg

haha you'll see if i can post a vid( there will definatly be pics )we are not all hawt in texas theres plenty of us old fat people! lol
thanx for the support the closer it gets the more my tummy hurts lol we are just doing a couple of songs during the drag show but no we are not in drag !lol

jennythebugg

OMG THAT WAS AWESOME I JACKED UP SOME BUT THE FEELING WAS INCREDIBLE I AM SOOOOOOOOOO HIGH ON THIS
video on the way

jennythebugg

marilyn benefield on guitar seth benefield on bass but marilyn is the girl behind me no she's not crying lol but she probably wanted to when i repeated lol

flower

Well you did it, your first public performance, and you didn’t freeze up…it can only get easier from here…LOL.
You have a really sweet voice, I could tell you were a bundle of nerves but I couldn't detect any shaking in your voice, so well done!

A tambourine would help give your hand something to do and keep beat, so you won't have to play with your pockets
...with something to tap against your thigh it helps relax too.
I used to be in a band about 15 years ago, I sang and played a big djembe drum, my son has it now. I played the keyboard some until my hands gave out. It was for the church and we played at camp sites, nothing like your audience for sure.

jennythebugg

i cant do to things at once lol its like breathing and thinking if i have add something up i start choking lol thank you flower, i was terrified, stage presence i really need to get some ... ha

meowzer

Well now that you have the "first" out of the way.....it should be so much easier (I think) LOL....I have never done that, but have heard...haha
congrats Jen

jennythebugg

thats what everyone is sayin Meow. i guess now i will be able to act like my normal jazzhonkey self on stage - i hope at least