First time mushroom frag

newfish45

I fragged my first mushroom today, and was really scared. The mushroom was about 3 inches across and I only cut in half. I followed Oceana instructions word for word I even used the same tupperware and netting. I wanted to know what would be the best placement for the mushroom, and if I can do a water change the next day. I have 300W of VHOs, close to the water. I have the tupperware high right now; just don’t want to bleach the poor things. Thanks for the help.

andrew1113

should be fine where ever you put it as long as it has medium light and low to medium flow it will be fine...you could put it right back to where it was before you fragged it if you want...i dont know about the water change thing

reefkprz

IME its best to place frags in as close to their original lighting as possible, ex. if you took the mushroojm from the bottom of the tank place the frag in the bottom, if it was in the middle place it in the middle, and so forth.
yes you can do a water change.

newfish45

Thanks Andrew1113 and ReefkprZ for answering my questions. Also thanks ReefkprZ for all the great videos, thought they were great. I have one more question, I took a picture of one half of the mushroom and it looks like some white stuff is coming out of it. Is this normal, or did I mess up? Thanks again

reefkprz

Mesenterial filaments, they are the corals digestive system, also used in defense to harm aggressors when damaged. its prefectly normal, no worries.