First Time with ICK...............HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paul monroy

Hello, I just started my 30 gal tank ,and I think I have Ick. I really dont know how to treat it and what causes it. Could anyone please answer these following questions:
1)How do you get Ick?
2)How do I get ride of it?
3)If I have two damsels that have ick,and I put them in a hospital tank.How many days do I have to wait to put them back in my 30 gal tank?
4)According to the disease page I have to wait 21+days to put them back in.Is this true?
5)What is Ick?
-Thank you-

pufferlover

Paul; I can see you are new here and so therefore you may not know that there is a search feature available. If you look at the top right you will see search click that and then it will give you a place to type in what you want info on that has been posted (in your case Ick will do). You will find more info then you probably thought you would want but it is there and the reasons for it and how to combat it. This is a great feature when you need info fast cause there is no waiting for answers. Try it you'll like it.

jimi

Ich is a parasite. You get it into your tank from mostly fish that carry it, it is possible to introduce it to your tank with live rcok or inverts but usually fish, that is why it is important to quarantine your fish before adding them to your tank. There pretty much are only two proven methods of getting rid of ich copper or hyposalinity. To be on the safe side leave your tank without a host for at least 30 days.

gobylover

It is when you lower your salt content to a certain level for a certain amount of time.Use the search feature to research it.