First Upgrade

gingerfish

I've been running a 29 gal Biocube for a while (2 years, maybe? I lost count) with only my handsome little Watchman Goby, 2 Clowns, live rock, and some random hitchhikers. Now I would very much like to upgrade to a bigger tank!
I've been searching the classifieds, but honestly, I don't know what to look for (other than size) to know if it's a good deal or not. What should I be looking for in a new tank?
I'd like to move up to 55+ gal and build a sump/refugium combo to go with it.
I'd like to add a Foxface to the mix, but my clowns are a mating pair and have been accused of terrible things (such as killing my shrimp; however, I recently discovered a rather large crab in my tank that could well have been the culprit), so I don't know if they'll pick on the Foxface.
I've heard I should put the foxface in the new tank before the clowns to prevent this, but I don't know if that's just a load of crap or not.
Also, I've heard of a lot of people having fish die in the process of moving them to a new tank. What can I do to prevent that? I'm rather attached to my little guys (and gal).
Any advice?

gingerfish

So, update: I found a 55 gal tank with a couple pumps and filters and an oak stand and hood for 125$. I think they had it set for fresh water before. What would I need to get for it to make it salt water ready?