Fish disapearing

sawduster

I lost 3 fish in two weeks . A Yellow Tang and two clown fish.
all my water tests are very good. The only fish thats is healthy is my 6 line wrasse its the only fish i have left with a Coral banded Shrimp and a Tuxedo Urchin.
I have a 80 gallon tank. all my fish were eating well and disapeared over night.
I fiquire they died at night and got sucked up through the power heads and blown out in pieces.
Anyone have any Ideals on what could be the problem?

rdhanley

Originally Posted by sawduster
I lost 3 fish in two weeks . A Yellow Tang and two clown fish.
all my water tests are very good. The only fish thats is healthy is my 6 line wrasse its the only fish i have left with a Coral banded Shrimp and a Tuxedo Urchin.
I have a 80 gallon tank. all my fish were eating well and disapeared over night.
I fiquire they died at night and got sucked up through the power heads and blown out in pieces.
Anyone have any Ideals on what could be the problem?
i would check behind the tank. maybe they jumped out.

autofreak44

unless they are come crazy powerful powerheads and no filter grate on them, then i doubt it sucked up 3 fish and spit them out like that. possibly the fish died and the cbs took them and hid them somewhere but ive never had a cbs so i dont know how they act etc.
i hope you figure out the culprit

dacia

I had something similar happen in one of my tanks about 4 years ago. My culprit was a very large conch. I bought a so-called Queen Conch from LFS...turned out to not be a Queen...and that sucker grew from half an inch to 4 inches long!!! Anyway, it only came out at night (so I NEVER saw the thing). I came home late one night and saw it on the glass of my aquarium, and it stuck out what looked like a tongue which pierced a clownfish! It then ATE the clownfish, and buried itself in the sand again. I dug that thing out of the sand the next day and took it back to the LFS. It ate 2 clowns and a blue tang...and it tried going after my chocolate chip starfish, too. :mad:
I hope you find your culprit before it does to your tank what mine did...

sepulatian

How much LR do you have? Saying that your water is "fine" doesn't mean much. Could you please post you exact water readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, kh, SG, and temp? I am guessing you have a preditor in your tank. Do you hear clicking noises at night? A CB shrimp would not cause this.