Fish Dying Fast

tomclx

Hello,
Maybe someone can help me. I was having a real bad bout with red slime algae for about 3 months. I tried water changes, a phosphate pad, amd i increased flow by adding another power head. So as a lat resort i put some red slime remover in my tank. I have NO MORE red slime algae, however, my fish are dying fast. In the course of one week, i lost my cleaner shrimp, my coral beauty angel, my yellow mimic tang and a clown fish.
There were no signs of ich, and my h20 perameters were nearly poerfect.
I have a 90 gallon FOWLR. My last Clown fish looks as though his skin is peeling, like when you peel after a sun burn. what do you think is happening in my tank. all my snails and hermits are ok.

texasmetal

Hmmm, not good. Chemical additives bad.
I may be mistaken red slime remover depletes the oxygen in the water. You should run an airstone while treating the tank.
Cyanobacteria (not really algae at all) is sometimes tied to a PH imbalance.

rcoultas

The anti red chemical should state in its instructions that if the fish become become distressed you need to move them to another tank immediately. You must use protein skimmer and NOT use carbon filters or UV's. If your parameters are ok and you are not able to move fish you should probably do water changes to remove some of the chemical.