Fish food

dana&pj

What are you feeding your fish/inverts.
I have been using Frozen shrimps (mysis and brine with HUFA), as well as bloodworms and zoo plankton. I also add DT's per directions.
I understand it's possible to make a better food from stuff from the fish dept at the grocery store. What do you think of this?
I understand there are times when you shouldn't eat oysters, does that go for fish too?
If I can make a better fish food that is also cost effective I would be very excited about that?
thanks!

rayraypico

do a search of "feeding" I asked that question earlier in the month. I don't remember who replied to it but they gave such a full in description answer on how to make your own food with all the details. Whoever answered the question really had their sh1t together it was one hell of a recipe

skirrby

i made a mix of my own food yesterday.. mixed cyclopeeze, frozen mysis, frozen prime reef, and spirulina flakes. i just took some tank water and a small ammount of the other foods and mixed it till the frozen foods were thawed.. sucked it up in a syrenge and squirted it into the tank... my fish went nuts.. for 5 min worth of work, i sure made a nice food that my fish love