fish for a 58g

dperna

Hey everyone, I am just starting to set up an Oceanic 58 gallon, 36" long, 18" deep and 18" tall. I will be transfering from my 20 gallon, a maroon clown and a yelllow sleeperheaded goby. All I have in mind for the addition so far is a Humu Humu Triggerfish, so I am open to suggestion! This will not be a reef tank. PLEASE HELP with a possible list to consider, Thanks

Humas are devil spwans one minute they are swimming peacfully around you turn your back for a sec then you look in your tank all your fish are dead. but all fish ar different i just dont recomend a humahuma.

dperna

can anyone else please add some input. i know i havnt been here as long as others who get pages of response, but i would appreciate it very much if i could get some help here

promisetbg

Patience my dear..
A 58 is too small for a trigger. Consider some more approprate size fish..perhaps:
psuedochromis
hawkfish
royal gramma
basslett
some type of dwarf angel would be nice, flame, coral beauty, lemonpeel, flameback..etc.
You want a fish that can hold it's own with a maroon, but not one that will get too large for the tank.

promisetbg

If you'd like one flashy fish, maybe a fairy wrasse of some type. There are some gorgeous ones.
I just picked up a midas blenny today, she is sweet.

garnet13aj

In my 55 I currently have
2 ocellaris clownfish
1 snowflake eel
2 firefish (in quarantine)
I'm considering
coral beauty
blackback butterflyfish
or
scott's fairy wrasse
As other additions if that helps. Also, I'm not considering putting all 3 of the last ones in but choosing between them.

dperna

Thank you everyone for the help, anyone else have some input for my 58g? I really want 1 larger, showey fish

dperna

well i dont exactly mean like 10" +, i mean more along the lines of 5-6" ish? if that is possible..