Fish for an outdoor water-feature...

jared

What kind of fish would be best for an outdoor water feature? I'd like an extremely cool fish to look at, preferably one with a tropical appeal. Fresh water or salt water, it doesn't matter. I could provide some temperature control, but not much. Idaho is prone to extremely screwy temerature changes. It's impossible to tell if you need a tanktop or parka for tomorrow! I don't want to stay with your standard goldfish, everybody and their dog has those swimming around.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx!

greatfullreefer

Fresh Water is your ONLY option, Look at Getting a Koi if your water feature is large enough. If not there are some nice fantails out there aside from that goldfish or shabunkins would be your only option.

meow

I have known several people that have kept cichlids in outside ponds, but I DEFINITELY would ask someone about it, as I have no idea how they did it.

jared

I kinda thought SW would be a biatch of a way to go. I'm sure it's possible, but it would take $$$ spewing out of the rectal area to keep it running. (That of which I do not have)
Thanx for the info so far.