Fish for Cleaner Shrimp

cronin

Just got a couple of cleaner shrimp from SWF and I would like to put them to work on some fish. I have a cardinal, 3 firefish, and a percula clown. These fish don't seem to like the cleaner shrimp. Any thoughts on what the best reef safe breeds are that will alow the cleaner shrimp to work?
I would like a hippo or powderblue tang I just fear the ich you all talk about.
Cronin

WELL, IF YOUR FISH DON'T HAVE ANY PARISITES, THEN THERE IS NOTHING FOR THEM TO CLEAN. DON'T GO GETTING YOUR FISH SICK ON PURPOSE THOUGH JUST TO SEE THE SHRIMP AT WORK!

cronin

Come on Lord I obviuosly don't want sick fish. Is that the only reason fish will use the cleaner shrimp. In my LFS the cleanershrimp are constantly cleaning fish.
Might tell me something about my LFS, maybe some parasites?

von_rahvin

My coral beauty stops by every few hrs to get his teeth checked. Some fish stop by some don't. The only thing that bothers my skunks is the Coral Banded's but that is just when the shunks hop on them :)

sduerk

all three of my perculas really don't like the cleaner shrimp that I have. HE tries to get close and clean them but they just swim off. The only time I saw him in action was the night before my Coral Beauty died. The shrimp was in his gills like he had the hood up on a ford.

twoods71

My powder brown tang will get a good cleaning at least a couple times a day and sometimes my red scooter bleenie will stop for a cleaning. My cardinal, percs, royal gramma, and seabae clown will have nothing to do with the cleaner.

beecher

I wouldnt worry about a cleaner shrimp starving. The one I have will work on my Lemon Peel once in awhile, but cant get near my Cin. Clown. When I feed the fish, wether its flakes or FormulaII, the cleaner shrimp chows down on that stuff too. He's usually the first one up to the clip I use for feeding, and the Lemon Peel usually waits in line for it to finish. Lately, my two peppermint shrimp have figured out the feeding clip, so the line is a little longer for the Lemonpeel.