Maroon clown
V. Lion
porc puffer or cowfish
foxface
blue spiny lobster
bangaii cardinal
huma huma trigger
blue manderin
I know there might be a problem with the cowfish getting punked by almost everything with possibility of wiping out the whole tank (from what I read-might just be speculation), but I think they are one of the quirkiest fish to watch. Unsure of the lobster picking on the small fish. I saw one in a hotel aquarium and it was waaaayyy cool.
Any thoughts?

95harley

Afraid I see some possible issues.
1. Bangaii's are slow moving (mostly perching mid water column fish), would soon be Lion or Trigger food. Too small of a fish to keep with a 12"+ Lion
2. Same with the Manderin, plus the lobster will most likely eat him off the bottom. More of a reef fish than a large predator tank mix fish.
3. Cowfish - You do know if they die they release a toxin into the water that can wipe out your entire tank right?
4. Triggers and Lions don't mix and I wouldn't try this.
5. A predatory Lobster doesn't belong with any slow moving fish, but you won't have to worry long because the Trigger would LOVE a lobster dinner.
Lion, Foxface, Large female Maroon, and ....tbd from there.

gotpancit

hmm thats kind of what I thought. Those 3 are the "must haves" so thats good. Any idea on including the porc puffer?

srfisher17

Originally Posted by 95Harley
http:///forum/post/2952590
Afraid I see some possible issues.
1. Bangaii's are slow moving (mostly perching mid water column fish), would soon be Lion or Trigger food. Too small of a fish to keep with a 12"+ Lion
2. Same with the Manderin, plus the lobster will most likely eat him off the bottom. More of a reef fish than a large predator tank mix fish.
3. Cowfish - You do know if they die they release a toxin into the water that can wipe out your entire tank right?
4. Triggers and Lions don't mix and I wouldn't try this.
5. A predatory Lobster doesn't belong with any slow moving fish, but you won't have to worry long because the Trigger would LOVE a lobster dinner.
Lion, Foxface, Large female Maroon, and ....tbd from there.
I agree completely.

95harley

Originally Posted by gotpancit
http:///forum/post/2952605
hmm thats kind of what I thought. Those 3 are the "must haves" so thats good. Any idea on including the porc puffer?
Not 100% here, but I thought I had heard that puffers were lion fin nipper/killers like triggers. Again, you may want confirmation on this one. Never kept a puffer.
Why not mix in a Wrasse and/or Angel?

gotpancit

Originally Posted by 95Harley
http:///forum/post/2952784
Not 100% here, but I thought I had heard that puffers were lion fin nipper/killers like triggers. Again, you may want confirmation on this one. Never kept a puffer.
Why not mix in a Wrasse and/or Angel?
I was thinking a lunar, harliquin (sp?) or maybe a corris wrasse. I haven't thought much about angels yet, possibly a flame angel.
Mainly I'm looking for really bright colored fish that don't break the bank...but I guess thats how this hobby goes, expensive!

95harley

I have all 3 of these wrasses and a red sea green bird. great fish
I wouldn't do the Flame with a Lion...maybe a med siz angel. Majestic?
I've got one of those as well great fish and not a bully like my queen was.
Just some thoughts for you.
Enjoy and take your time, you'll change your mind a millions times.