Fish List

drewissett

How is this for my 25 gal.
-Mandarin goby
-purple firefish
-2 perc clowns
-cleaner shrimp
am i overstocking?
also, if I wanted to add a fire shrimp, would it fight my cleaner?
thx

lion_crazz

The madarin will need to be the last fish added, about a year after it is set-up. You also need to make sure you have a ton of live rock as well, and I would also recommend having a refuge for pod reprodcution.
Other than that, everything sounds good.
You may experience a little bit of fighting between the shrimp, once the fire shrimp gets settled.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
The madarin will need to be the last fish added, about a year after it is set-up. You also need to make sure you have a ton of live rock as well, and I would also recommend having a refuge for pod reprodcution.
Other than that, everything sounds good.
You may experience a little bit of fighting between the shrimp, once the fire shrimp gets settled.
Not to burst your bubbles lion, I have to say NO mandarin for this guy!!! The tank is way too small for large amounts of live rock. The mandarin would still starve to death even if it was added a year later. If you want to keep a mandarin, you need a larger tank that can support more live rock. :happyfish

spitfire

Originally Posted by Mikeyjer
Not to burst your bubbles lion, I have to say NO mandarin for this guy!!! The tank is way too small for large amounts of live rock. The mandarin would still starve to death even if it was added a year later. If you want to keep a mandarin, you need a larger tank that can support more live rock. :happyfish
I agree with and support this post. LB