Fish List

mrmoses

Hello, I am picking fish to put in my 72 gallon bowfrotn tank. I need you guys to help me out on this one.
1) 2 Occelaris clowns -or- 2 maroon clowns (tank raised, too aggressive?)
2) Powder Brown Tang -or- Power blue tang -or- blue and yellow hippo tang
3) At some point I wanted to have a green mandarine dragonette
No coral at the moment but I want fish that will play nice when I do add coral. Let me know your opinion.
Thank you.

jackri

I can tell you right away you'll get flak for wanting to big long tangs in a tank that size. I would recommend ONLY a yellow, purple or sailfin in such a set up... or you could push it and get a long body species.
If you get a mandarin --- have lots of live rock with lots and lots of pods and preferably a fuge somewhere in the mix for a food supply -- some eat prepared foods but most don't.
Clowns.... those can go either way as some are overly aggressive and some are fine.
My opinions anyways

mrmoses

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/2988202
I can tell you right away you'll get flak for wanting to big long tangs in a tank that size. I would recommend ONLY a yellow, purple or sailfin in such a set up... or you could push it and get a long body species.
If you get a mandarin --- have lots of live rock with lots and lots of pods and preferably a fuge somewhere in the mix for a food supply -- some eat prepared foods but most don't.
Clowns.... those can go either way as some are overly aggressive and some are fine.
My opinions anyways
I mean that I am picking only 1 tang, I am wondering if any particular tang would be a problem.