fish loosing color

bolt696

I am new to the saltwater world. My reef tank is about 7 months old. I recently noticed that 3 of the fish are loosing color. They are pale. Does anyone know what this is. I did a 25% water change and tested the water 2 days later and all test are fine.
damsel, yellow tang, and angel fish are the ones with the problem.
thanks

bolt696

Ph is fine. all my test are coming back fine. I feed frozen brine, aquadine pelets, flake, frozen sponge, and just recently (today) i bought freeze dried seaweed. Here is a pick. In addition to the color, he is now hanging out by the top of the tank. I think his/her hours are numbered???
Loss of $45.00 in one week.

toughguy80

I had an emperor that look just like that! Mine was do to poor living condition due to my quar. tank having something wrong with it. It went away after adding him to display tank but since your levels are good I don't know. Maybe something in the water other than ammonia etc causing it? Lack of feeding greens can definatly cause this so I hear. Tangs and angels need it in their diets so hopefully the frozen seaweed will help, but since you mentioned a damsel in with them that raises some doubts. I'm just throwing out ideas and can only guess. I wish Beth would chime in, she's sure know's her stuff and could help you better than myself.

katiebc

What are your other 2 fish that are doing this. This is what mine did. Look in the disease thread up top under brooklynella. That's what mine ended up being. I hope for your sake it isn't. Did you add anything new. LR, inverts, fish anything???

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Take a look at the Diseased Fish Thread and the emperor in their with the exact problem. There is a link as well to that emperor's story.
What are your nitrates? How do you have your tank set up, what are you feeding your fish?

toughguy80

Originally posted by Beth
Take a look at the Diseased Fish Thread and the emperor in their with the exact problem. There is a link as well to that emperor's story.
What are your nitrates? How do you have your tank set up, what are you feeding your fish?

LoL Beth, that was me w/the emperor. FYI, he's doin great now and is starting to change over into his adult stage. I'll try to post a pic of him soon for ya.

bolt696

Moment of silence.............................
Had a floater this morning. He did not make it........
My tang did get his color back but the domino damsil is still faded and now his back fin looks like it is falling apart. I have had the damsil since August f 2004.