Fish only tank

fool

I was wondering would these fish reside together stress free in a 180g tank.
Clown Trigger
Emperor Angelfish
Regal Tang
Striped Dogface
Thanks in advance

fool

The tank is empty of livestock. Only want to added these four once the tank cycles

aquaknight

Originally Posted by Fool
http:///forum/post/3265027
The tank is empty of livestock. Only want to added these four once the tank cycles
My apologizes I completely misunderstood your question, I thought your were asking for a fifth fish to add the to mix.
Those 4 would (read might) work if you purchased them at the correct size. A small <3" Clown trigger, Sub-adult Emperor, larger Regal tang, and a medium sized Dogface. However, I would strongly recommend researching the history of people who kept clown triggers. They are a fish that seem to randomly "snap" and kill all the tankmates. There are a number of people who have kept clown triggers that have been fine, but it's worth pointing out the many incidents with other Clowns, and if it's something your comfortable with.
If you are asking about a "stress free" environment because of problems with Ich and other dieases, it unfortunate, but almost all of the larger fish commonly kept in aquariums are subject to diseases if not properly quartered.

srfisher17

Any time a Clown Trigger is in the mix; there will always the potential for war. CTs can play nice, sometimes for years, then go postal and kill or maim everything in the tank. These are gorgeous, fascinating fish; but, after several "experiments' over many years, I'm convinced they belong by themselves. (at least long-term).
Also, I'm not sure "stress free" is really possible, especially with larger fish. If you QT everything from day 1; you'll never have to worry about stress causing ich, or any other parasite, to appear.

noah's nemo

I am currently rolling the dice with a CT(very small juvi-2 in) i have had him about 3 months.He is in my 125 with a koran angel and a humu,and a pair of ocellaris clowns.I say go for it,and time will tell.As stated above QT all.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Noah's Nemo
http:///forum/post/3265106
I am currently rolling the dice with a CT(very small juvi-2 in) i have had him about 3 months.He is in my 125 with a koran angel and a humu,and a pair of ocellaris clowns.I say go for it,and time will tell.As stated above QT all.
Funny thing about CTs: they are tough as nails; but getting them through the "tiny-yellow nose" size is often very tough. Good luck.

fool

Thanks alot for all the advice. I think I will try only three (using Aquaknight measurements) minus the dogface. If the CT goes postal he will reside alone in the tank.