fish only utilize 1/3rd of swimming room

jasony

hey
i have a 150 fowlr
my fish only seem to hover around the right upper corner of the tank...this is normally where i feed them..
is there anyway i can get them to be a little more active and pleasing to the eye instead of just waiting in the feeding location all day long?

lion_crazz

My fish get in the habit of doing this sometimes too. Just switch up the spot where you feed them. Feed them in the other corner sometimes as well.

scotts

Mine swim in one section of the tank but it is the section that is nearest where you enter the room. I think they are just waiting to see me and hope they get some food.

rbaldino

What kind of fish do you have? It could be that most of them just aren't terribly active or adventurous. It will probably help if there are several different areas in the tank that the fish like to swim to and from. I have caves and rockwork that my fish always swim around and through, and because of all the different corals and algaes my fish are constantly checking different things out.

jasony

i have a bursa trigger, foxface, 2 clowns and 4 damsels.. i guess u were accurate
i dont have as much rock work as i know i need. maybe they will be more active when i get more rocks and caves