Fish Questions

dstoneburg

I added a pearly jawfish(Yellow headed) and a Yellow watchman goby to my tank about 3 days ago and they have not come out. Not once! I havnt seen them eat or seen them period. When should I start to worry?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by dstoneburg
http:///forum/post/2460723
I added a pearly jawfish(Yellow headed) and a Yellow watchman goby to my tank about 3 days ago and they have not come out. Not once! I havnt seen them eat or seen them period. When should I start to worry?
They often hide for a few days at first. I would not be worried yet. Have you checked your water readings to be certain that the quality is good?

dstoneburg

Yup, good quality. As of yet they still not have come out. I cant find them in the rockwork either, and I really dont want to tear apart the aquascape.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2462260
Yup, good quality. As of yet they still not have come out. I cant find them in the rockwork either, and I really dont want to tear apart the aquascape.
There is no reason to. They will come out. If they do not then you will see an ammonia spike, unless you have a large cleanup crew. There is no reason to tear apart the tank looking for them. They are probably still hiding. Keep the lights minimal.

dstoneburg

I actually havnt had any lights on the tank since I put them in other then the new ones I just put on today. I can see the YWG hiding in the rockwork but for the life of me I cannot find the jawfish. And I have not seen them eat... How long can they last without eating? Also its a 21g with a tunze skimmer and 10 nas snails and 12 hermits.

sepulatian

http:///forum/post/2462318
I actually havnt had any lights on the tank since I put them in other then the new ones I just put on today. I can see the YWG hiding in the rockwork but for the life of me I cannot find the jawfish. And I have not seen them eat... How long can they last without eating? Also its a 21g with a tunze skimmer and 10 nas snails and 12 hermits.
They can go for a few weeks if they want to. As for the jawhead, they are jumpers. Have you checked around the tank just to be sure? Do you have household pets? He could still be in there and hiding. Don't worry yet.

dstoneburg

Theres eggcrate over the top, hes still in there! Unless he could fit between the squares and I dont think so. I have two dogs but they are always supervised if in the room. Is there a way I could get him to setup a burrow in the front of the tank? Maybe make one for him? Same with the YWG. Thanks for your help sep!!

teresaq

I have a new eng gobie, I have had it about two weeks now. The only way i know he is still there is the pile of sand that keep getting bigger. Every once and a while i see its head sticking out.
T

peachie98

My yellow watchman made a cave/burrow under a rock when I first got it...now it's out all the time but it hid for a while at first (although it did come out everyday, just not much). Every time I'd go by the tank it would dash back in it's burrow and hide, now I think I realized I'm the one with food so it doesn't hide from me anymore.