fish recomendations

my tank has just finished cycling and i would like to get a clown fish first
i would like to eventualy have two in my tank
should i get both of them at once or one at a time ive heard that they should be placed in pairs if you plan to keep two but i'm worried whether two will be to much for my newly cycled tank. Its a 55 FO system at the moment if i need to wait on the clowns then what do you suggest for my first fish?

mcbdz

Best to get both at same time. One a little larger then the other. Also get juvies. You should be ok if you had a complete cycle. Just watch you para. closely and have water ready if needed. There really shouldn't be a problem, just give them at least 3 weeks before your next additions. Don't over feed.

ci11337

Agree about the clowns and as for others fairy wrasses are nice make sure you have a lid though.

santiago

be careful about the type of clown because some could easily take over a 55g,maroon clownfish, and make all the other fish miserable

gmann1139

Originally Posted by mcbdz
http:///forum/post/2471312
Best to get both at same time. One a little larger then the other. Also get juvies. You should be ok if you had a complete cycle. Just watch you para. closely and have water ready if needed. There really shouldn't be a problem, just give them at least 3 weeks before your next additions. Don't over feed.

+1. I did this in a 12 and it went smoothly cycle-wise, so you should be ok in your 55.

If you are odering from this site type a little note in the special instruction section and ask them to please send one on the larger side of the scale and one on the smaller side of the scale. Introducing both at the same time should not be a problem.