Picasso trigger
Cuban Hog
Maroon clown
Fox face tang
Regal tang
(3) Yellow tangs
Hawaiian puffer
Tank is up for six months, everyone doing well, getting along
Question: Any recommendations for fish that would mainly live on the bottom. The current fish are all free swimmers. When I'm in the room they cluster together thinking food is coming.
The tank is 6ft wide, 4 feet high, 2 ft front to back
Thanks.

lion_crazz

Yeah, maybe a large grouper. No goby will really survive in there.
You DEFINITELY do not want to do any kind of shark or ray!! The angels/triggers/puffer would make dinner out of them very quickly. And in the mean time, while they are still alive, their eyes would be the first to go..
By the way, that is quite a high tank. Did you have it specially designed this way? And if you did, did you for any specific reason? I am just curious, as I would think if anything you would want to make it longer and wider, as opposed to taller (since fish do not generally swim up and down).

drewsta

oh yea i briefly read the post i didn't see the triggers... oops..... ok so maybe just a grouper or maybe an eel...

urodude

Yeah, the tank was custom. It sits in the wall dividing my living room and library with builtin units surrounding on both sides
The 48" height was our ******** designer's idea because the living room ceiling is 24 ft. She thought(and I eventually agreed) that we needed the extra height for proportionality.
A lower/wider tank looked funny on the drawings that she did.
I'll think about a grouper- any particular type to suggest?
I'll try to add a picture of the tank, but I'm not great with computers