Fish That Are Not Prone To Ich

boalgf

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Then, after the person gets a tang and doesn't have ich, he will have a post "Fish That Are Not Prone to Lateral Line Disease".
Nice one.

alyssia

drea, while this is true, hypo or no hypo, the tang is not going to live long in a 29 gallon. Maybe it is not the best idea to be telling the original poster to "get any tang you want". Then, after the person gets a tang and doesn't have ich, he will have a post "Fish That Are Not Prone to Lateral Line Disease". We as posters should break the cycle before it happens.

I agree.

mr_bill

I agree with the fact that dragonettes are very unlikely to get ICH. The only fall back to dragonettes is that they require a seasoned tank with alot of LR. Even a dragonette who is taking in prepared foods should have a seasoned tank with pods to feed on.

rcbruce

drea, while this is true, hypo or no hypo, the tang is not going to live long in a 29 gallon. Maybe it is not the best idea to be telling the original poster to "get any tang you want". Then, after the person gets a tang and doesn't have ich, he will have a post "Fish That Are Not Prone to Lateral Line Disease". We as posters should break the cycle before it happens.
DEFINATELY agree. I think sight was lost in 'what doesn't get ich' for 'what can go in a 29 gal. tank.'
That's why I posted some pics so the poster could see some small ideas for a smaller tank. Tangs are just not going to do well in a smaller tank. I have a 55 and my coral beauty is my biggest fish, due to the fact I have over 100 lbs. of live rock in it. My opinion, a big tang in a 29 would not only not do well, it would flat look out of proportion. :scared:

bigcheif

I am well aware that tangs are not suited for a 29 gal. I am new to this hobby and went on the advice of the local LFS. The tang is very small and I am in the process of upgrading. I am sorry that I dont have the knowledge that you do LION Craze and thats why I am on this forum TO LEARN. I was asking about what fish is less prone to ich for future reference after I get my much larger tank set up. Sometimes us newcomers are treated as idiots on this forum and the only reason we're on here is so we won't be idiots. On the statement that was made about hypoing tangs when you buy them for several weeks, I knew he was not telling me to go out and buy what ever I want for my 29 gal tank. Thanks to all for the advice who knew what I was asking about>

rcbruce

Now bigchief, that was not very polite. No one was treating you like an idiot. Sometimes in here one discussion leads to another between posters. It's just a way of getting all points of view. To be absolutely correct, you said nothing in your original post about upgrading or future reference, so everyone here was working on the fact you asked about a 29 gal.
You need to lighten up a little!

lion_crazz

bigchief, if there was something that I said that seemed derogatory, I apologize. I did not mean to come off rude at all. I did not see any posts above that I said something rude to you, but maybe you took something that I said the wrong way. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

boalgf

bigchief, if there was something that I said that seemed derogatory, I apologize. I did not mean to come off rude at all. I did not see any posts above that I said something rude to you, but maybe you took something that I said the wrong way. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Lion crazz, I think you were talking to another board member. So I'm not sure why bigchief got upset.
bigchief, you are definitely going to need a thick skin for some of the discussions in this forum. People range from obsessed to downright fanatical at times. You'll have to learn to take the good with the bad in a mature manner.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by boalgf
Lion crazz, I think you were talking to another board member. So I'm not sure why bigchief got upset.
Yes I was talking to another poster, but I wanted to apologize anyway so that bigchief did not think I was saying anything condescending toward him.

drea

my bad guys... i totally missed the 29 gallon.... def do not put a tang in a 29, not even a 55... they will out grow it way to fast, and not thrive...........

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by drea
my bad guys... i totally missed the 29 gallon.... def do not put a tang in a 29, not even a 55... they will out grow it way to fast, and not thrive...........
Cool, I am glad that you cleared that up. Now, I agree with what you said. Hypo definitely works to eliminate ich and as long as you pick fish that are reasonably appropriate with the tank you have, you should have a good chance at being sucessful.

jhebi

IMO, having your fishes QT and giving them a good and clean enviromnet to live they will thrive sucessfully. Most of the time the reason fishes get ich is because they get 2 stressed on their new home. Example putting a TANG on a 29gl, not only will make him 99% ich prone, but also will short their life spam. But we always try to think that we can put any fish on any size of tank just because it's pretty. Just like us we won't live in a small room, just because is pretty, but yet we will get dull, stress and sick and later will want a bigger and different place to live.
Ich can always be prevented with good feeding, water quality,etc... and most important HUMAN UNDERSTANDING........