Fish thats swim around and not get eaten

gmanreef

Guys I'm planning on putting 2 Dwarf lion and a Snow Flak Eel in a 70gl (48L x 18W x 14H) Nasukan suggested I may have reached my bio load limit and may not be able to do much more with the tank but I'm afraid this setup will lack some activity. What fish can I add to the tank that will swim around and not get eaten :)

craigj

Yeah i'm gonna go ahead and disagree with him on that. A snowflake takes up no space at all. Why do you want TWO lions though? If I were you, I would ditch a lion and go for somethign more exciting like you talked about. Maybe a small trigger or wrasse.

templar

Go for a purcupine puffer! They swim up and down more than around but they're just great fish with awesome personalities!

pufferlover

I do not agree with any Lion with a Puffer in less then a large tank (say 135 or up). There is to much chance for the Puff and Lion to have a problem. Remember the post last week about the Puffer who got zapped and died by a Lion at feeding time.

nasukan

I'm sorry I was thinking of a 55 gal., but you mentioned dwarf zebra lions which according to Marine fishes can become aggressive to like species. All agressive fish are messy, and by the five gallon rule you only have 14 inches of fish in a seventy. Your fish can grow to be about 7 inches. Just about everybody has three to four fish a gallon, but with alot of agressive fish you would have to do a lot of water changes to keep your water quality good. I don't like to push limits. If you don't want any live rock and have live sand as your substrate I would go with a dragon wrasse, or as craig mentioned some kind of trigger.