Fish????

saltywaters

We are ready to start looking at fish for our new aquarium. We currently have a Sailfin Tang, Tomato Clown, Maroon Clown, and Dragon Goby. This is a reef tank and we are wanting a very peaceful tank. What shrimp are best, if any? We would definitely like to add a Blue Tang, some Harlequin Sweetlips, Banded Coral Shrimp, and a Cardinal. Is there any forseeable trouble we may get into with these? What is suggested? We're going to be adding corals in a month or two. We would like to have a very active sand bed, what is best for that?

btldreef

Originally Posted by SaltyWaters
http:///forum/post/3198137
We are ready to start looking at fish for our new aquarium. We currently have a Sailfin Tang, Tomato Clown, Maroon Clown, and Dragon Goby. This is a reef tank and we are wanting a very peaceful tank. What shrimp are best, if any? We would definitely like to add a Blue Tang, some Harlequin Sweetlips, Banded Coral Shrimp, and a Cardinal. Is there any forseeable trouble we may get into with these? What is suggested? We're going to be adding corals in a month or two. We would like to have a very active sand bed, what is best for that?
What size tank?
How old are the other fish and how big are they?

halamaya

My Maroon clown isn't very peaceful. She's getting bigger and I'm lucky she only dominates one corner of my tank. Anything smaller than she is, is in trouble! Just my experience, good luck.

saltywaters

The tank is 90 gallons. Not sure on the age of the fish, we purchased the tank used, and it came with the fish.

aquaknight

I would really suggest against a Sweetlips, much less "some." They have among the worst survivability records of any fish in the hobby. Of course the one in a million chance one survives, they grow to 3 feet.

saltywaters

Wow, I didn't realize sweetlips were so hard to keep, nor that they got that big. I guess we'll cross that one off our list. Thanks-
Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3198393
I would really suggest against a Sweetlips, much less "some." They have among the worst survivability records of any fish in the hobby. Of course the one in a million chance one survives, they grow to 3 feet.