Fishes

tx reef

Looking good...can't wait to see it in person Saturday.
Could you post some more of the mullets?

crt81

What kind of anthis is that?
I'm loking into getting an anthis and I really like the way yours looks!
Can you give me any knowledge that you have on that fish?

baytran7

Latin Name Pseudanthias bimaculatus
Common Name Bimaculatus Anthias
Also known as Twinspot Anthias
Fast Facts This is an amazing anthias that is collected in deepwater habitats. This species should be housed in a large aquarium with plenty of swimming room. Acclimation is often slow; your specimen may hide for a week or more before you even catch a glimpse of it. However, in time it will usually come out of hiding, accept live and prepared foods. These fish may behave aggressively toward other zooplankton feeders. Provide clean, well oxygenated water, along with plenty of water movement and open swimming space.
Sizes Most specimens are around 2"-3.5"
Range in Nature Indo-Pacific
Minimum Aquarium Size 55
Diet and Feeding Carnivorous, feeds on zooplankton. Feed mysid shrimp and vitamin-enriched brine shrimp at least three times a day
Ease of Care(5=easy, 1=difficult)
Reef Aquarium Compatibility Great for a reef aquarium!

crimzy

Love the garibaldis... mean suckers. Let me know if you ever need to get rid of one.

coolguy818

Orange one is a Girabaldi Damsel, California state fish. Those go for $100+ around here. And they don't even come from California, they come from Mexico.
Its illegal to have a Giribaldi in California.

anonome

What are the two fish in the first group of pics? Is that an egg nest? Beautiful fish, and great camera work.

tx reef

Those are mullets. I was over at Bay's house last weekend and they are pretty cool. I always used them for bait when I went to the coast fishing.
In the picture they are spitting out sand. They suck up sand and then spit it out. That is how they feed...

anonome

Originally Posted by TX Reef
Those are mullets. I was over at Bay's house last weekend and they are pretty cool. I always used them for bait when I went to the coast fishing.
In the picture they are spitting out sand. They suck up sand and then spit it out. That is how they feed...
Interesting.....sure does look like an egg nest of some sort.