Fishing

ci11337

Just curious to see how many of "us" also enjoy fishing. My buddy thinks it's weird that i lick my lips while filleting a bass yet drop into depression if one of my aquarium fish dies.
I guess it does sound a bit weird, but i'd bet there are alot of fishermen on here. Feel free to post a pic of your lunker!

stdreb27

Originally Posted by ci11337
http:///forum/post/2668078
Just curious to see how many of "us" also enjoy fishing. My buddy thinks it's weird that i lick my lips while filleting a bass yet drop into depression if one of my aquarium fish dies.
I guess it does sound a bit weird, but i'd bet there are alot of fishermen on here. Feel free to post a pic of your lunker!
I think fishing is what got me into aquariums, I love fish they are beautiful, and they taste delicious!

lexluethar

Haha its not weird. While I haven't fished in quite some time, I did (and do) love fishing, and eating fish. In fact other than a fat steak, fish would be my second favorite dish.

michaeltx

I havent been able to go for some time because of flood waters but they are finally geting down where I can get into my favorite fishing hole. I like catfishing though and am looking to land on of the monsterous 100+ pounders out of the white river!!
Mike

sepulatian

I just got back from a weekend camping/fishing trip today. I enjoy it. I throw everything back though. It is just for fun. I don't eat fish. I like hanging out by the water and enjoying the quiet.

angler man

Fishing is the most enjoyable and relaxing hobby/sport out there. I used to do it all the time and even got into night fishing a lot. Sadly, when you have kids and a business those things become far less of a priority. :(

shogun323

Originally Posted by DeMartini
http:///forum/post/2668317
i love fishing!!!! I'm going camping soon...I'm excited to go fishing again!
Lauren, I am unable to respond to your PM.

I love Bass fishing. I used to fish local weekly tournaments years ago on lake Tarpon. It is so relaxing!! Now I just fish small residential lakes when I have the time. I never really got into fishing salt.

spanko

Perch and Walleye on Lake St. Clair in Michigan. Nothing better than a mess of fried Perch!!!

aw2x3

I go quite often...at least once a week. My aunt and uncle have lived on one of the largest lakes in Southern Illinois for the past 30 years. I grew up there, as a kid. As soon as school was out for the summer, I was there till the day before school started again.
I went last week and caught 30+ large Bluegill, 30+ good sized Rock Bass and hooked into 2 Largemouth that both broke my 10lb test line.
Largest Largemouth I've ever caught was 13lb 9oz. Next night, at the same exact spot, I pulled out one that was 10lb 15oz.

aquaknight

Love fishing! Both types fresh and salt. Unfortunately, haven't been able to do any 'real fishing' (off a boat) in years. Last time we rented a boat in one of the Keys and had a blasty blast. Just some local stuff these days. Either driving to the river for fresh here in Orlando (yes, there are actually rivers in Florida, just not canals), or when I got home to Ft. Lauderdale, fishing off the pier or off the dock out back. Trying to caught some local fish, tangs, angels, but mostly a lot of these, 5 points for whoever guesses the name of this wrasse: (Caught over Father's Day)

groupergenius

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2669366
Love fishing! Both types fresh and salt. Unfortunately, haven't been able to do any 'real fishing' (off a boat) in years. Last time we rented a boat in one of the Keys and had a blasty blast. Just some local stuff these days. Either driving to the river for fresh here in Orlando (yes, there are actually rivers in Florida, just not canals), or when I got home to Ft. Lauderdale, fishing off the pier or off the dock out back. Trying to caught some local fish, tangs, angels, but mostly a lot of these, 5 points for whoever guesses the name of this wrasse: (Caught over Father's Day)

Ha ha ha ha ...I'll get banned....Slippery d i c k