Fixing a flow leak?

briterco

My tank has 2 overflows built in w/ bottom drains. I noticed today that one of the drain lines has a slow drip. It is the connecting piece where the washer is tightened around the hole in the bottom of the glass. When I set the tank up, I hard plummed the lines, and with the design of the tank cabinet, I can't get in there to tighten the nut around the washer. Hand tightening simply doesn't work, and there is no way to get a tool in there now to tighten it.
I could get in there with silicon or some sealant. Since it has a drop though, will silicon work? Any other suggestions? Anyone ever dried a product called "Plummers Goop"? Any other products that can seal a wet leak? There really isn't a chance that the sealant will get into the water.
Thanks.

thangbom

... I Think Adding Other Stuff Is Not Too Good Of A Thing.. And It Migfht Not Stop The Leak.. Then U Have A Bigger Problem.. Which Will Lead You To The Stor Fer A New Bulkhead.. U Ever Tried A Basin Wrench?? ( I Think Thats What It's Called.. ) Plumbers Use It To Tighten Stuff Under Sinks In Cabnets..

acrylic51

I've had the same problem in the past on a 150 I setup years ago....Due to poor layout and design on my part with building the stand cross supports were fairly close and couldn't get anything in to tighten the bulkheads a bit.....Like mentioned earlier that you adding something to do a quick fix might not work, and leave you with a bigger problem on your hands.......What I had to do was cut away a bit of the stand so I could get into the bulkhead nut and tighten it.....The area was so tight that I could barely get my fingers into the nut.....I had installed the bulkheads before ever sitting the tank on the stand, and assumed the bulkheads were tight enough....HTH