Fixing broken overflow box

biggdriver

Had a black cpr overflow shipped to me last week and the back was broken. A half moon piece was broken off and could be glued back on but with what. UPS insurance is covering and a new one is being sent but I get to keep this one and would like to try to fix it anyway..Any suggestions on what to glue it together with. It is an acrylic overflow box.. Thanks

mal

You can rough up the edges you are going to glue back together with some fine grit sand paper, then use super glue to glue it. Or you can rough it and use some acrylic glue from home depot or similar store.

beefller

Definately use an acrylic specific glue. Once you use it, the joint is stronger that the acrylic itself.

gregzbobo

Another thing you might want to do if you are worried about strength is to find a small piece of acrylic and use it as sort of a backer. Glue it to the back so it covers where the break is and glue the broken out piece there. That is about as strong as you can get. Also a good way to fix a mistakenly drilled hole in acrylic sumps. (I speak from experience)