flame and foxface?

S

shark bait

I dont see any reason. Do you like the flame over a coral beauty. This would be a good Angel if you need a calm fish.

compjtc

I have both a flame and foxface in my 55 and they get along fine. Actually they spend a good portion of their day swimming next to eachother, picking at the same rocks, etc.

psusocr1

compjtc I have both a flame and foxface in my 55 and they get along fine. Actually they spend a good portion of their day swimming next to eachother, picking at the same rocks, etc.
you shoul dget rid of the foxface now!

compjtc

Originally Posted by psusocr1
you shoul dget rid of the foxface now!
sorry for the thread hijack, but why's that?

psusocr1

because a foxface should NEVER be housed in a 55 gallon tank..they get wayy to large..
if hes small and you plan to upgrade no big deal, but hopefully he isnt over 3 inches in that 55

compjtc

Gotcha. I thought you were implying that for some reason it was bad that it was hanging out with the flame angel or for some reason him picking at rocks was a sign he needed out of the tank.
I'm not worried about the size right now. I'm an ISU student planning on graduating in May. I can't have any larger of a tank in my dorm. (In fact I got in all sorts of trouble over my 55, apparently 30 is the limit) Anyways, my ultimate plan for summer is to setup a larger semi-aggressive tank. Right now I'm thinking 210g, then I'd turn my current 55 into a reef tank.
I bought the foxface now to give it a headstart on growing. I want to make sure it'd be able to hold its own against some of the slightly more aggressive species. I bet it measures in right about 3 inches right now. If my plans change I'll make sure the foxface finds a proper large home; after living in the dorms for four years I like to think I can sympathize with being trapped in a small environment.
Anyways, Adio, sorry for the hijack, but to answer your question: In my experience keeping a foxface and flame has been absolutly no problem. But since my foxface is still small I can't speak for its temperment when it gets larger.