FLame Angel Problems :(

mx mr bean

I've had my Flame Angel in the tank for a couple of months now and everything was fine untill a week ago when i noticed my frogspawn was not opening up fully nor were my acro's pollops extending. While I was looking into the tank, i noticed my flame angel start nipping away at the frogspawn and acro. Unfortunately, I dont like the angel more than my nice expensive corals so its time for him to go... Any tips on catching him? I've tried it by net but have epicly failed.

mx mr bean

I found the design where you modify a 2 liter bottle into a trap and after about several hours of it sitting in my tank with pellets in it i decided to try something new... I put live brine in and lowered it down. Sure enough, the Flame became a bit more interested in it now and started coming over to investigate. After an hour of picking at the brine from the outside and me trapping all my chromis and bangai cardinals at once, the flame started to move closer to the trap's hole. I decided to put a poster over the front of my tank so the fish could not see me and I could see them by looking down into the tank. Several minutes later the darn thing swam all the way in and could not get out. I pulled the trap up as quickly as i could and netted him!!! Finally, my corals can start thriving again without something trying to eat them all daylong....

rileybb

i use a net and a turkey baster and when he goes in the rock work just you a spray from the baster to move him out try to put the net behind them he'll swim right into it or force him to the corners if you can it will work trust me

mx mr bean

I thought anything with a net was a waste of time just because of my amount of rockwork. lol i sat for a few minutes trying the nets and just got completely discouraged. The bottle was better for me