Flame Angel

sggavin

it depends on the fish you get, mine does not peck at my corals, but it really is a gamble with these fish. HTH

krishj39

It is fairly uncommon to have problems with this fish eating corals. I've had mine for about 6 months, and never had any problems with it. I also ordered mine from this site, and it is a beautiful fish. Your 55g tank will make a great home for it, so long as you have lots of LR and hiding spots. This fish loves going through all the tunnels in the LR, and will constantly graze off of it.

curtis12282

Originally posted by krishj39
It is fairly uncommon to have problems with this fish eating corals. I've had mine for about 6 months, and never had any problems with it. I also ordered mine from this site, and it is a beautiful fish. Your 55g tank will make a great home for it, so long as you have lots of LR and hiding spots. This fish loves going through all the tunnels in the LR, and will constantly graze off of it.

That sounds great, i Just added my first coral the other day, Button Polyps, and just wanted to make sure i wouldnt have to much of a problem.

broomer5

Well I guess I'll be the one to rain on the dwarf angel parade.
I had a Flame for over a year - it was a perfect angel.
Never bothered any corals.
After a year or so, it started nipping.
Back to the store it went.
It's really a hit or miss with these fish - like so many other things in this hobby.

nm reef

Any of the dwarf angels can become problematic....they are all a gamble in my opinion. If one is kept with corals that you wish to keep I'd suggest watching it carefully for any sign of coral snacking! Now...that said...I've never kept a flame...but I do have a very well behaved coral beauty that has never been a problem. He is constantly around about 50 corals and doesn't seem interested in any of them. If he does develope a taste for them he'll be removed ASAP!!!

“In the 60’s folks took acid to make the world weird...now that the world is weird they take prozac to make it normal!”
nmreef@cox.net