Flame Angle Compat

jess

I want to get a Flame angel but want to know if its ok with the fish I have. I have a Yellow boxfish, Male Spotted Boxfish, Porcupine puffer, Picasso Trigger, Emperor Angel, and a NASO tang. Would do you think. See any problems?

fishgirl

It would have been ok if you had intruduced it before the naso tang and picasso trigger. But both of these fishes will almost surely be territorialy agressive to the new, small angelfish. Even the puffer may show signs of aggression. I pretty much say NO, BUT, you may have a chance if you put the trigger and tang in seperate tanks, ie hospital and QT, and put the angel directly into the display tank, THEN put the trigger and tang back in, they could be confused enough -- but don't take my word for it, I've only had success doing this kind of procedure with a territoral damsel, and a new sebea clown. Only do this is you've desprate to have that angel. Hope this helps some, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

veskas

You've got some great fish there, but all grow pretty large. They'd "dwarf" {pun intended} the flame angel in no time. I wouldn't risk it. Picasso, puufer & box fish can get mean & NASO & Emperor rae territorial!

kb

Move all the stuff around in the tank and then add the flame angel, that way they all will be confused and looking for new territory and not even notice that the flame angel was put in.