flame hawkfish compatability

jayster

I am adding a small flame hawkfish to my 30 gal bow. Will my CBS and Royal Gramma survive? I heard the FH will eat shrimp and small fish. What else can I feed this fish to keep him happy and are there any other special requirements for this species? Thanks for any input.

striker

After I added my flame hawk my cleaner and peppermint have stayed hidden. When I feed my tank I make sure to hand feed my cleaner in his new cave. The pepermint however only scavenges at night and I barely ever see him(though that was always the case). It has been 2 months since adding the flame hawk and so far they've been okay together.

sistrmary

Watch it with the gramma, the two species just don't typically mix well. They're both rather aggressive and territorial. I've never seen a fish take on a CBS. Including a hungry (in the midst of weaning to frozen) 7" Volitans lionfish.

flamehawk

I've had no problem keeping RG and FH together. The shrimp w/b in jeopardy for sure. Again you may get one which is ok but do want take the chance? My preference w/b to get the flame because they are truly one of the most entertaining fish to observe. Good luck.

jayster

The introduction seemed to go well. even the cbs is seen roaming about in the daylight. The gramma was inquisitive but no agressive behavior. The hawk is hanging out on the suction cups that hold the heater and the filter return to the glass. Definately perching. Im giving em both mysis and freez dried krill. I am happy.