Flame Hawkfish

subielover

Wondering if I can add a flame hawkfish to my Biocube 14. The other fish in the tank are a false percula and a sixline wrasse. Thanks for any advice.

sepulatian

I am sorry, but in a 14 you are already pushing maximum capacity with the two that you have. Flame hawks are active and inquisitive fish. They are mean in small tanks anyway. You can get some cool inverts though! Have you checked out the nano forum?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by jeanheckle
http:///forum/post/2849673
Flame Hawks are also extremely aggresive, I had mine for about a week until it went back to my LFS.
All hawks are a little mean. I am sorry you had to give yours back. I honestly wish that I could get one myself, but Sir Quizzy (my hawk) would fight with a flame. Hawks are such great fish! They aren't suitable in small tanks and in some other situations though. They truly are awesome fish in the right mix

pete159

a 14 is to small, but longnose hawkfish are friendly fish, except with cardinals which mine liked to dive bomb, but never bite, other then that mine was great.

jeanheckle

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2849676
All hawks are a little mean. I am sorry you had to give yours back. I honestly wish that I could get one myself, but Sir Quizzy (my hawk) would fight with a flame. Hawks are such great fish! They aren't suitable in small tanks and in some other situations though. They truly are awesome fish in the right mix

I think if I had added him last he would have been ok, but he would launch like batman at the two fish I added after him, he was a real....

snakeblitz33

Eh, no, I don't think I would put a flame hawkfish in a 14gallon anyways. I would say minimum 55 even though they can go in 30gallons.

I saw some Flame Hawks this past weekend at a few of the stores I went too. They look really cool, and appeared to have a TON of personality. I didn't know they were aggressive though.