Flame Scallop

hocky

A lot of people have trouble keeping them alive due to insufficient diet. I am giving one a shot, have had it for about a month and it still looks great, but a month is not a particularly long time, either. I feed phyto 2x per week, cyclopeeze 2x per week.

coatej01

The flame would be with...
tang, purple and blue
foxface
mandarin
scooter
lawnmower
2 shrimp
....i think that's it
Also, the pet store has had it for about a month now.

chris22582

I have a flame scallop Ive had in my tank now for about 7, 8 months. I have never fed him he seems to be very happy jut filter feeding. Which I beleave is how they are. Just make sure your tank is nie and asstablished and they should do fine. Only catch with mine is no matter how often I pu him where he can be seen he goes and hides behind the rock work. lol Happy there tho.

florida joe

I have one that I see maybe once a month it moves to the back of the tank and under some live rock so sighing are rare in my case. Just something to think about before you buy

wigle36

I have electric flame scallop. When I see him, hes fun to watch cause
he sparkles but they like to hide alot. Right now I am still looking for him
but he was out for about a week and now is hiding again.

cooqie

i have a flame scallop for about 3 months already and i dont feed it and i put uncured live rock about 2 months ago and he seems happy still they do hide alot though mine is in the back of my tank right now

tangwhispr

Flame scallops are one of several things that are better left in the ocean....they typically don't live that long in captivity. do a search on here.

cooqie

they are not that really big of a show in the beggining they are out in the front but after they go in the back of the tank and u just take them out n they will go back