Flame with ich?

all deligh

I got this flame angel 4 days ago. As soon as I let him go in the tank my red lip blenny attacked him, basically blindsiding him and got in about 3 good hits. The flame never saw him until he swam by the blenny's rock. It happened so fast I dont think the flame could even identify his attacker. Anyway, the flame was freaked out and scared as hell. I ended up catching the red lip and moved him to another tank. However the flame sat in the corner twitching and looking around nervously.
He didnt do much for 2 days. Eat or swim around much. He and a pair of clowns are the only ones in the tank along with a cleaner shrimp. He started eating yesterday, but today I noticed he has white spots all over his fins and body. I think its ich, but he eats well now, and I never seen him scratch against anything.
My cleaner shrimp tries to clean him, but the flame swims away quickly as though the shrimp is attacking him.
What do you folks think?

mavgi

Originally Posted by All Deligh
I got this flame angel 4 days ago. As soon as I let him go in the tank my red lip blenny attacked him, basically blindsiding him and got in about 3 good hits. The flame never saw him until he swam by the blenny's rock. It happened so fast I dont think the flame could even identify his attacker. Anyway, the flame was freaked out and scared as hell. I ended up catching the red lip and moved him to another tank. However the flame sat in the corner twitching and looking around nervously.
He didnt do much for 2 days. Eat or swim around much. He and a pair of clowns are the only ones in the tank along with a cleaner shrimp. He started eating yesterday, but today I noticed he has white spots all over his fins and body. I think its ich, but he eats well now, and I never seen him scratch against anything.
My cleaner shrimp tries to clean him, but the flame swims away quickly as though the shrimp is attacking him.
What do you folks think?
if your flame angel have white spot all over so it's ich and you need to treat him with hypo
click on the link post no 4 you can get info about hypo tratment.
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127007

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Sound like it is ich. If so, your whole tank will now need to be treated. And perhaps even the tank where the blenny ended up as well.

aredmon

I just had a Flame die due to ich. I had him in hypo for about 2 weeks and all the spots were gone but he still died. Someone told me that angels are a delicate type and are hard to keep. I hope yours does better than mine but yes you need to hypo him and the other fish in the tank even if they do not show signs now they may still keep the ich alive and it is easier to do hypo on all at the same time than do one and then the others show up with it a week later but you already dropped the salt leval in the qt. From experiance do them all at once.

joshd123

This is what I would do if i was you!!!! This is what I do everyday for a month after I get any new item in my tank. Go get you some Garlic Guard by Seachem. Do a half a tea spoon for a few months. That will kill ALL the ick in your tank water sump and everywhere. It is reef safe and it will make your fish eat like CRAZY. You can also use for fish that are not eating. I have 53 diffrent corals and it has never bothered any of them. You will not see any diffrence for a week or so but over time they will get BRIGHT in color and be happy. The other thing you need to do is go to your pet store and look at the cleaner shrimp. Have the Pet Store owner put his hand down in the tank. The Cleaner shrimp that swims up to his hand, BUY that cleaner shrimp. He will Pick the Ick off the fish and eat it. The only draw back to that is if your fish would come to the shrimp in the first place. If I can get some pick of my tank to fit in this site I will show ya what my tank looks like =-). You can Email me if you have anymore questions. Or you can call me At 1 (501) 882-9142. I will do what I can to help.

aredmon

Cleaner shrimps are good but I have one but when the angel got ich he wouldn't let anything aroung him at all. Cleaner can't clean what he can't catch!! It might help though. Great addition to any tank and ich won't affect him.