flat worms.... ugh

autofreak44

there are lots of red flat worms all over my tank, i bought a 6 line wrasse but he hardly eats any of them. what is the best flat worm med, and how is it going to effect my shrimp, snials, crabs and coral? any tips on how to use it?
thanks

blackjacktang

Well 1. the sixline wrasse will only eat them when he is hungree
I would get a brisle worm trap. Go to your LFS and get one.

cpbirds407

Blue velvets do eat some worms but I strongly do NOT reccomend them because of my past experience! Again, it's just my experience and I don't mean to go against what GrouperGenius said, but I would hate to see this happening to someone else!!!
Ok, so I will not reccomend you putting the velvet nudibranch because the last time I did that....It wiped my whole tank away in a matter of 15 minutes!!! It died and when they die...they release a poison into the water and it will kill your whole tank like it happened to me! I lost about $3,000 in livestock! What I reccomend its to use a smooth glass drinking cup (just make sure that your wife doesn't see you) and put a piece of krill or something meaty on the bottom of the cup and tilt it towards where the worms are at- (rock etc.) but make sure that it's tilted enough so they can climb in it but they can't climb out of it! I hope you can understand my explanation. :)
Another option would be a two litter coke bottle and cutting the top off and inserting it inside out and sealing it with hot glue gun or 100% silicone. That way the worm can climb in thru the little opening of the bottle but it cannot climb back out of it once its inside the bottle.
Hope it helps..

groupergenius

Originally Posted by cpbirds407
Blue velvets do eat some worms but I strongly do NOT reccomend them because of my past experience! Again, it's just my experience and I don't mean to go against what GrouperGenius said, but I would hate to see this happening to someone else!!!
Ok, so I will not reccomend you putting the velvet nudibranch because the last time I did that....It wiped my whole tank away in a matter of 15 minutes!!! It died and when they die...they release a poison into the water and it will kill your whole tank like it happened to me! I lost about $3,000 in livestock! What I reccomend its to use a smooth glass drinking cup (just make sure that your wife doesn't see you) and put a piece of krill or something meaty on the bottom of the cup and tilt it towards where the worms are at- (rock etc.) but make sure that it's tilted enough so they can climb in it but they can't climb out of it! I hope you can understand my explanation. :)
Another option would be a two litter coke bottle and cutting the top off and inserting it inside out and sealing it with hot glue gun or 100% silicone. That way the worm can climb in thru the little opening of the bottle but it cannot climb back out of it once its inside the bottle.
Hope it helps..
Yiiiikessss. Glad you posted that. That's why I was saying research it first. I have not had one yet, but I do know they eat flatworms. I was going to get one if my FW population starts getting much bigger. But I have the clear/opaque worms.

anonome

I just ran a thread not too long ago about dipping all coral before putting in your tank. I bought a flowerpot off of someone out of the Washington Post that was thinning out their tank. I never saw flatworms....I looked over their tank very closely.....when I brought it home I dipped it in Seachen Reef Dip and a ton of flatworms emerged!! I highly recommend this method, just follow the directions. You can safely dip all coral, clams and anemones. It worked great for me. Do a search on my thread if interested.....Dipping new coral. If they are really bad, you may need to this more than once. The beauty of this dip is it doesn't hurt the coral at all.....basicly a high dosage of iodine....all corals eat this stuff up. I have even used this on coral that haven't opened as wide as usual in the past to no ill effects. Good luck, they are evil.

autofreak44

ok so what is the best cure??? not a trap that will only get some i need something that will get them ALL...