Flatworm exits experince

lxxnp1234

My tank is 30 gallon with 10 gallon refugium. I got some flatworms from somewhere around two weeks ago. It was not very bad when I found them, around 10 to 20 I can saw. I decided to kill all of them before getting worse. Then I bought a bottle of FLATWORM EXIT last friday.
First dose:
On Saturday, I followed the instruction and also the advices online, dosed one drop per gallon (total 45 drops). some flatworms were blowing into the water after dosing. I thought it works. Then I did 25% water changes after 2 hours. There is no coral, fish or snails died at this time.
But on sunday, I saw one or two flatworms again!!!!! and it became more on monday. I decided to dosing it again.
Second dose:
Yesterday, I dosed 120 drops to my tank which is more than 5 times as recommand. I don't know if there is any flatworms died, but all of my macro starfish, some of the snails died....

To make sure all the flatworms gone, I did the 25% water changes after 6 hours.
BUT today, when I came back home, 3 flatworms were on the glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know how to deal with the flatworms issue now. It seems the flatworm exit only can kill some of them and even I use 5 times dosing.
That's a really nightmare. Can I buy manderin to eat them? I have 6 lines in my tank BTW.
Thanks for any advice.

jerth6932

First off 5 times the recommended amount is usually never a good thing. On mine it only recommends normal dosing amount, then if no signs of death 50% more (NOT 5 times the amount).
I have used this product several times in the past and some times takes time and several dosing. I noticed the more circulation I use the better it works. I believe this is because it circulates to them giving them exposure.
Give it time it will work.
Here was my thread from when I had the problem:
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/forum/thread/218769/flat-worm-removal

lxxnp1234

Thank you for the information,Jerth.
How many times did you use the flatworm exit with your tank to eliminate the flatworms? How many days did you wait between each treatment?

jerth6932

On my worst outbreak it was 4 times every other day. But once I figured out the circulation thing, it wasn't that bad.... at most a second 50% type of thing.

geoj

Wow someone that has used FWX and will admit having success and did it by reading and fallowing the instructions

lxxnp1234

OK. Thank you for all your advice. I will slow it down and dose it again following instruction next week if necessary.

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJ http:///forum/thread/385412/flatworm-exits-experince#post_3379655
Wow someone that has used FWX and will admit having success and did it by reading and fallowing the instructions

NOW don't you go telling my wife I read them.... I have a rep to uphold!!!

Quote:
OK. Thank you for all your advice. I will slow it down and dose it again following instruction next week if necessary.
Not a prob at all! It does work, with time and circulation..... I emphasize circulation because that was the key for me!