flatworms

lomar

I do not know where they came from but suddenly I have thousands of flatworms. I Have a 75 gallon reef. What can I do to save it?

sailfin

That sounds like the dreaded SPS flatworms. I'd try and get rid of them naturally. Try a sixline wrasse first and see how that goes. There are also nudibranches out there that only eat flatworms. Once they're gone the nudi's will die. Just a couple of thoughts.

fishy7

I have the red ones also. I am considering the 6line to help but am removing them when I do a water change buy sucking them up. This works but is time consuming. Turkey baister, I have not tried. All for a good cause.

dogstar

Salifert makes a product called EXIT thats for treating flatworms, I dont know if it works......

viper_930

They're probably not the acro eating flatworms, unless they're only on the acros. I bet they're red planaria. Salifert's flatworm exit, as Dogstar mentioned, should work.

sailfin

Flatworm exit is a good dip to put your corals through, but once in the system, if you don't know how many you have, they could be potentially dangerous. At least that is what I hear. Once they die the give off toxins.

fishy7

Originally Posted by sailfin
Flatworm exit is a good dip to put your corals through, but once in the system, if you don't know how many you have, they could be potentially dangerous. At least that is what I hear. Once they die the give off toxins.
This the main reason I did not do the flatworm exit. So I am doing it the manual way.