Flatworms

spanko

Six line wrasse most of the time but not always, depends on the character you end up buying.

laurenlee

I syphoned forever!! You can also try a Blue Velvet Nudi. I just got one from my LFS. He is SO tiny!! They are said to be very difficult because they need a constant supply of flatworms. I won't have mine for long..... once he does the job, he's outta there! I guess I will just have to take plenty of pics. Here's a pic of him chomping down!

howardj

Image Google Planarium Flatworms , if your flatworms are like them, they will go away on their own.

If they aren't Sixline Wrasses' will do that job..

jawja peach

I fought them FOREVER! It looked like a thick layer of velvet covering EVERYTHING but it was flatworms. They took a huge toll on my corals. The Six-Line Wrasse didn't work for me at all - he just wasn't in the mood. I siphoned and siphoned and siphoned.
What finally worked for me? Salifert Flatworm Exit. It claims to be reef safe and I had a LOT of corals at the time and they all survived. It didn't kill them all and I didn't retreat, but one of my Metal Halides burned out soon after and within a few weeks they were GONE. Maybe they need lots of light???

jawja peach

Originally Posted by LaUrEnLeE
http:///forum/post/2559131
I syphoned forever!! You can also try a Blue Velvet Nudi. I just got one from my LFS. He is SO tiny!! They are said to be very difficult because they need a constant supply of flatworms. I won't have mine for long..... once he does the job, he's outta there! I guess I will just have to take plenty of pics. Here's a pic of him chomping down!

Oh!!! He is GORGEOUS!!! I couldn't find one, but I think that would be the best way to go.
ETA - And... your infestation ain't that bad!!! :wink: (at least in this pic!)

brettd

I had a big problem with flatworms in my reef aquarium - key word there is had. I used a product called Flatworm Control - I'm sure it's the same thing as Flatworm Exit, but by a different company. I siphoned the ones I could get at each day for a week straight, then I nuked them with the flatworm control. It took very little time and they all were dead. I did a water change the next morning and all was good in the tank. I have several Acros, Montiporas, Alveopora, elegance, plate - long and short, Xenia, Miliporas, mushrooms, hammer, worm rock, zoos, you name it, I've got it and only one colony of zoos showed any sign of stress from it. That colony was fully open within 24 hrs later. Guy at the LFS told me not to waste my money on the Blue Velvet Nudi, as you need one per each 10 gallons of water in your aquarium and he has never seen them actually do the job before all perished. Good luck!