Florida Or Fiji

B

birdman143

Just to update, 35 hex - penguin 170 - visi-jet-protein skimmer
I got rid of the CC and the UGF and replaced them with 40 LBS live sand
(the mollies adjusted well to the freshwater (brackish)
My next ? is FIJI Live Rock or Florida Live Rock?
The pic's of the Florida LR on SWF site are awsome (does it really look like that)
Will some base rock help offset the cost?
How is SWF's LR. All replys & comments will be welcome!
I would'nt ask but, I went through past threads for about 4 hours & still am confused

B

birdman143

Thanks for the comments, in previous threads they have mention density.
Is there that much of a difference in size?

doodle1800

My advice if you have the $$ is buy the 25lbs (or more) from SWF. I bought it from here and it was fine. I have bought different kinds afterwards from LFS's so I have a mixture also.

lil_perc

i have both Fiji and florida LR and i like the fiji a lot more than the florida. my fiji LR had all sorts of little caves and feather dusters but i didnt order mine online i got it from the LFS
and how do u like having a hex tank? i've had a heck of a time getting lighting and other equipment that will fit it so that i can keep low light corals

kzlen

I ordered to 20-25lbs LR from this site, They sent me some great looking pieces with alot of purple coraline... only thing is there is some die off during the shipment, not knowing i put it into my tank and it sparked another cycle.

B

birdman143

The hex tank could turn into a problem,with less ground area.
To put in the required amount of live rock is going to cover most of the LS!
Is this going to be a problem? Anybody?
Lighting could be a problem too!
Been doing alot of surfing to find lighting products.

Its all preference. Some people like to mix and some people like to have 1 kind. Some people like florida and sme like fiji. IMO the Florida is the coolest and I dont like to mix it with anything else. But thats just me!