Flow in A 120 gallon Tank

I just added a new mushroom to my tank today after I put it in place I noticed it moving with the flow in the tank. Is it possible I have to much flow in my tank for mushroom? I have approx. 600gph returning from my sump, I have 2 Powersweep PH (265 gph each) 1 Maxijet 1200 (295 gph) 2 Maxijet 1200 with the Sureflow 1600 mod (1600gph each) and 1 Hydor Koralia #4 (1200 gph) for a total of 5825 gph. This is in a 120 gallon tank 48x24x24. Any thoughts just curious if the mushrooms can adapt to this flow?

mmm33732

that is a lot of flow. around a 48.5x turnover. if the mushrooms are moving a lot, id move them elsewhere. if they only move just a little, they'll prob be fine. you could always try pointing a power head in another direction.

Thanks mmm33732,
Yea that is quite a bit of flow I set it up mainly for SPS corals but I spotted this blue mushroom and had to give it a try. I repositioned a couple of the powerheads now it just kinda flutters, I think maybe it just getting used to the tank.

tinmanny

this is just an opinion but rule of thumb is 10 20 times the tank size for flow and I have heard more for sps but that sounds high where did you get the information to go that high maby you are right and you just can't have mushrooms in that tank
Good luck
Manny

From several threads I read on here and from some other sites all had recommendations for 35-65 Xover for a reef tank with LPS and SPS. I think the mushroom is getting adjusted to the tank as one was open very wide this evening. Just curious what others were doing for turnover in there mushroom tanks.