Fluke, parasite, velvet or what on my clown?

dmschiff

Wondering if I have a parasite, velvet, fluke or what? How should I treat?
Noticed my clown seems to be lying in his corner more this past week. He sleeps there every night but seems to be hanging out there and not as active as normal. Last night I noticed a spot on his side between second and third stripe. It is a white patch but also has little dark brown or reddish spot underneath or just in front of the white patch. To me is looks like the body is swollen in that area and kind of bumped up. He doesn't seem to be scratching and is still eating.
The hippo in the tank seems to chase him back into his corner at times, but I haven't seen him nip at him. The hippo has a white spot on his eye, but I've seen this before and just assumed it was salt or something. It always dissappeared after a day or so in the past. Diamond goby is fine. I also just notice that the royal gramma as a very light wihte patch on it side too and is starting to stratch against the rocks.
New additions to the tank: 3 weeks ago : (NOt QTd)
Bubble tip anemone ( the clown doesn't get near it)
nasarius snails,
1 week ago: turbo snails and red hermits (QT for 3 weeks)
Tried to get pictures, but most oare too fuzzy and closn always wants to show off his best side and won't let me get a picture.
Any help is most appreciated.

dmschiff

AnyOne? Please! Also, forgot to post:
Ph 8.0
salinity 1.025
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20
temp 80
120 gallon
sump fuge
LR/LS

sepulatian

Originally Posted by dmschiff
http:///forum/post/2497759
Wondering if I have a parasite, velvet, fluke or what? How should I treat?
Noticed my clown seems to be lying in his corner more this past week. He sleeps there every night but seems to be hanging out there and not as active as normal. Last night I noticed a spot on his side between second and third stripe. It is a white patch but also has little dark brown or reddish spot underneath or just in front of the white patch. To me is looks like the body is swollen in that area and kind of bumped up. He doesn't seem to be scratching and is still eating.
The hippo in the tank seems to chase him back into his corner at times, but I haven't seen him nip at him. The hippo has a white spot on his eye, but I've seen this before and just assumed it was salt or something. It always dissappeared after a day or so in the past. Diamond goby is fine. I also just notice that the royal gramma as a very light wihte patch on it side too and is starting to stratch against the rocks.
New additions to the tank: 3 weeks ago : (NOt QTd)
Bubble tip anemone ( the clown doesn't get near it)
nasarius snails,
1 week ago: turbo snails and red hermits (QT for 3 weeks)
Tried to get pictures, but most oare too fuzzy and closn always wants to show off his best side and won't let me get a picture.
Any help is most appreciated.
Does it look like a wound? Is the white patch a faded, discolored, spot or does it look like there is extra mucus in that area?

dmschiff

I'm really not sure how to answer. The brownish red spoton the clown looks like it's under the skin and the white patch just next to the brown looks a clouded area.
I've notice that the royal gramma is staying in the rocks most of the day too. I think he has a white patch too. It is located behind his lateral fin. I don't notice any red or brown, but doubt I'd see it on his purple color.
I wish I could get a good picture. Sorry!