Fluval Sea Marine Nano 14w LED Light

danipopxx

So, my fiance and I have had our Fluval Edge 12 gallon reef aquarium for over a year now. The tank is looking great, except for the lighting. When we had bought the original tank from our lfs, we replaced the lighting. Our lfs was making his own led lights for reef aquariums. We figured he could just modify the light a bit and put stronger leds in. He did that, it didn't work and the light ended up turning off some days on our way to work. He took out the original mechanism and replaced everything with his stuff. The light would last for a few weeks and then die one day and not turn on. We had to keep taking the light back for him to fix. He acted like he had no idea why it was dying, after charging us $100.
Anyway, we gave up on that one and just bought the new Fluval Sea Marine LED 14w light. It does say it's for 5-10 gallons but I figured I would try it anyway. There weren't many reviews on it before I had bought it but I figured we could give it a try. It came in the mail today and we turned it on and it doesn't seem as blue as it should. Has anyone else tried this light before?

I'm thinking about returning this one and splurging with a different one. Any ideas?

Yay to me for finally joining this forum after a few years of just browsing. Hahah =)

zoidberg01

led lights are really good I've had a led light for my 75 g he have kept up and running for a long time btw welcome