FO...or FOWLR

bigal

After reading many threads throughout the forum i have decided that i should maybe start out with FO...or FOWLR. can i use my existing canister filter (Filstar XP3 rated for 175gal) with these 2 setups? what media should i use in the filter? i just want to start out slow and see how it goes before investing alot of money and time and messing everything up or buying the wrong things.
I now my first investment will be a good book
thanks for your opinions in advance!!

jackman

Originally posted by BigAl
After reading many threads throughout the forum i have decided that i should maybe start out with FO...or FOWLR. can i use my existing canister filter (Filstar XP3 rated for 175gal) with these 2 setups? what media should i use in the filter? i just want to start out slow and see how it goes before investing alot of money and time and messing everything up or buying the wrong things.
I now my first investment will be a good book
thanks for your opinions in advance!!

From what I have been gathering is that you should still have the live rock in your tank even if you are just going to have fish in it cause the live rock helps with keeping everything in tune. It is the easiest way to help keep the tanks levels in the place they should. So no matter FO you should still add some Live rock.:D
Jackman