Food: how much is too much?

zippy

I keep reading a lot of posts by people who feed their tanks 1 or 2 times a week, some 3 or 4 times per week, and some each day and then some. My question is this: how much is too much?
Do tangs need to have nori strips to much each day or just every couple of days? Do clownfish need to eat each day? I am probably overfeeding, but I don't want to starve my fish. I feed each day and have algae strips for the tang.
I would love to know your feeding schedules.

wablondie98664

as long as your fish are eating all the food you put in and your levels are staying within normal range then your not feeding too much. HTH

fishman830

i feed once per day,usually at the same, i need flakes, little pellets whcih they lvoe, misis shrimp, blood worms an d sea weed sheets(which i have to gridn up or else no one eats it

S

slofish

i feed 2 times per day. I only feed as much as they can eat in one (1) minute.

zippy

So lighter seems to be better in most cases? I don't want to overfeed anymore, but I worry about not enough nourishment. I mean, I'm a big guy and love to eat. I know what I would feel like not eating for 2-3 days. I just can't convince myself to feed them less.

ags

I have two damsels, a percula clown, strawberry baslett and a coral beauty. I feed them frozen food 3 times a week and supplement the off days (another 2-3 times) with a dose of live brine shrimp. The I use a little more frozen food so that my clean up crew (2 cleaner shrimp, 3 emeralds, 1 blood shrimp, assorted hermit crabs) gets a little of the good stuff.

zippy

Thanks, folks. I guess I need to cut back on my flake for the damsels and clowns and keep up the nori for the tang. I like the 1 minute rule as long as they can get enough food to last in 1 minute.