Food Question

X

xrobbx03

Ok well I work in a seafood department at a stop and shop. Which means i have access to all these raw fish like scallops shrimp clams etc. I was wondering what would be good to feed my fish that will not pollute my tank.

emmitt

I'd say any or all of them, provided they are raw and unprocessed. None should "pollute" your tank in moderation.

120reefer

yeah, i would say a great start would be all of the inverts listed on xrobbx03's list... shrimp, scallop and clams... probably even squid for some fish. I would say dice or chop thin, freeze, and you've got dinner
Your basically just making chum, and a lot of your butterflies, triggers, gobies, and other carnivores/crustacean eaters will love it.
By the way, xrobbx03, im curious to see what kind of fish your housing, i love all the meaty guys

unleashed

make sure you rinse all foods well in fw this will lower the chances of spreading internal paresites from the foods to your fish such as worms ect.the ingredients you will need will depend highly on the species of fish you keep

X

xrobbx03

its mainly going to my fire shrimp and my watchman goby.
I also have 2 percs and 3 blue/green chromis. I dunno how crazy they would go for it.

chefben

Now would it be beneficial to add and zooplex, phytoplex, chromaplex, additives etc to the mix then chop it up and freeze it? Would that kill all my filter feeder food?