food suggestions for a newly acquired Koran Angel?

giants4pc

Just got him from saltwaterfish. He is in mid changing form about 4.5-5"--very nice. I've tried Nori and clams and with both, he bites them and spits them out. I thought those were staples in his diet. He's only been in the tank for 24 hrs so maybe he is still adjusting to his surroundings??
Any suggestions for what you offer yours?

dinogeorge

It will take him a while to get acclimated to your tank, and then he should start eating like a pig! Get some Mysis shrimp and soak them in garlic. I would also add a drop of Zoe or Zoecon, or both.
The fact that he’s picking at things, even if he spits them out, is a sign that he is healthy. It’s just that your food, no matter how fresh, does not taste the same as what he was used to eating. They are sort of like kids. They keep trying to spit out everything you give them, but then when they get hungry they’ll eat everything in sight.
Good luck. It's a GREAT fish!!!!

M

mlandrigan

I just ordered one yesterday. Do you mind posting a picture of yours? I'd like to see what it looks like :)
- Matt

anthropo

a well balanced diet which i fed my angels would be nori(don't worry it'll begin to love it), mega marine angel hikari or ocean nutritions large angel formula( pick one or the other cause these are essential to their diet cause they have sponge in the diet), ocean nutritions formula 2 flake and mysis.

aquaknight

You could buy a live tree sponge or ball sponge from SWF or the LFS and spoil him for a bit while he adjusts...

ledzep fan

I have had one for the past 3 years. Very good choice of a fish
To get mine to eat I fed it some mysis. Then she moved onto bigger things and now eats nori, lettuce, shrimp, krill, squid, and pellet. Mine is about the same length as yours and mine eats from my hand!
Here is a link to her a few months ago, you need to scroll down to see her. I'll post some recent pics later.... https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/246052/post-your-angels

reefkprz

live sponge is always a great treat for any large angels (sponge is actually a key ingredient in their diet)