Food Variety

jcs69

I just started in this Hobby a few months ago and just begun stocking my first tank. My first addiyon was a S&S puffer, I left him in for almost a month and just yesterday added a juvenile picasso along with a orange shoulder tang(he's about the size of my puffer). My trigger and my tang are buddies and my puffer is taking the new additions very well. I'm going to be upgrading to a larger tank in the near future(1 month or 2). I'm feeding the trigger and puffer krill, while the tang CRUSHES F1 and seaweed, along with krill that he can get his teeth on. The puffer and the trigger pick at F1 but not too much. I'm concerned theres not enough variety in there diet??? I also toss in some ghost shrimp on occasion for a treat. What are your suggestions??? How about some live food(snails, shrimp, crabs??).

cincyreefer

I would stay away from live food. While saltwater inverts and crustaceans would make great treats for your fish, it will get quite expensive and your fish might actually start getting real picky about what they eat. I would just feed prawn, algae, krill, silversides, clams, mysis shrimp, and some of the formula foods and your fish should stay healthy. It wouldn't be a bad idea to soak your food in zoe, vitachem, or any other vitamin prior to feeding as well.
edit- cockles work real well to help keep the puffers beak trimmed down