Fool's errand? Light fixture within wood cover?

f14peter

have a 90g AGA with their basic wood cover (Slatted hinged top) and picked up a 48" CoraLife Lunar AquaLight PC fixture.
Of course, it says not to put the fixture within a cover. Is it safe to presume that is because of the negative affect upon the air circulation for the cooling fans?
If so, I've determined that I could drill vents via holesaw (Trimmed with cable pass-through grommets) along the side of the cover to correspond where the air intake vents are on the fixture to allow a generous amount of air flow.
Also, I've found I could elevate the cover via placing additional blocks of wood under the blocks existing in the cover for an additional one and half inch of height to allow fairly ample room for the fixture, and trim/sand the inner lower edge on the side portion of the cover (Lost ya yet?) to allow the light fixture legs to fit over the rim of the tank. I could also cut holes in the slatted lid to correspond with the location of the cooling fans. Augmenting cooling with auxiliary fans is also an option.
To summerize, I would be adjusting the cover to accomdate the light fixture physically, and (Hopefully) alleviating venting/airflow/cooling concerns.
Disaster in the making, or a decent work-around? Unless the concern is with the heat build-up of the fixture itself in relation to the cover, I think I may have the bases covered.

rusting

I did the same also, but I went to Lowes and bought some aluminum tube and angle, and made a nice frame to set the lights in.